Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: internet providers in this area

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member untamedgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 13th, 2007
    Posts
    11
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    internet providers in this area

    Fixing to sign up for internet...just trying to get someone else's opinion about whether to go with cable or DSL? Any suggestions? What cable modem would you suggest I purchase? Thanks!

  2. #2
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: internet providers in this area

    Depends on where you live as to whether DSL works well for you. Call verizon first to see if it's available in your area - and see if they have a trial period.

    I use comcast cable modem; I like it.

    I'd say the DSL vs Cable argument would be 50% for DSL 50% for Cable.
    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member untamedgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 13th, 2007
    Posts
    11
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: internet providers in this area

    thanks! :-)

  4. #4
    Inactive Member TheBeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,351
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: internet providers in this area

    You have to be within like 3 miles of the verizon office in your town to get the DSL. I have the cable and it works great here at the store and at home.
    You also have to consider your tv viewing prefferences, if you want the most channels and the most HD for your buck then the only way to go is Dish/DirectTV and DSL.
    [COLOR="Lime"][SIZE="6"][FONT="Century Gothic"]CREAG AN TUIRC[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
    [img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a183/mm38nut/thkfc.gif[/img]

  5. #5
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: internet providers in this area

    DSL or cable would be nice in my neck of the woods.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  6. #6
    Inactive Member imported_VHSLhelper's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 16th, 2005
    Posts
    883
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: internet providers in this area

    heard that

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •